David was featured in ProBlogger's list of Top 40 Bloggers to Watch in 2011 and has been making appearances around the internet since starting Heroic Destiny.
What I have been excited about is David's creation of slideshows that have the potential to capture the interest of people all over the internet.
What do slideshows offer that other marketing does not?
- Slideshows are creative, offering visual stimulation to keep people reading about YOU and what you have to offer.
- Slideshows use few words on each page, but each word is chosen for the most impact.
- Slideshows can be uploaded onto Slideshare.net, where a broad new audience awaits.
- Slideshows are easy (though a little time consuming).
How can writers use slideshows to market themselves?
- If you have a book published, you can easily create a back cover copy slideshow to promote your book.
- If you are a published author, you can create a slideshow to promote ALL your books. Kind of like a library of your works.
- If you aren't a published author, you can create a slideshow to tell about yourself and your "writing credentials".
- If you aren't a published author, you can create a slideshow to tell about the manuscripts you have to offer.
- If you aren't a published author, you can create a slideshow as a "one sheet" to pitch your manuscript and give your bio.
Here is an example of how my nephew, David, promoted himself: