There's no reason quick food can't be semi-healthy and fully-hearty at the same time. Here is a recipe that is a sure winner and SUPER easy! Wish I had a picture, but I have a pic of what might be going on during bake time!
Easy French Bread Pizza:
1 loaf of garlic bread-in-the-foil at your local grocery store's bakery dept.
1 lb. of ground beef or turkey
1 jar of your favorite organic spaghetti sauce
1 8 oz. bag of pizza blend cheese
1/2 tbsp. of Olive Oil
1 grated zucchini or squash or 2 carrots (gotta hide those veggies in there for my picky eaters)
1. Turn the oven on according to the temp on the garlic bread package
2. Brown the ground beef or turkey. Season if you'd like. Drain fat.
3. Pour the jar of spaghetti sauce in your meat and bring to a simmer. Remove from heat.
4. Heat olive oil in a sauté pan and cook the zucchini until soft. Mix with meat/sauce mixture.
5. Divide the garlic bread into two sides (should have lots of delicious garlicky butter on each side), spread meat mixture evenly on both sides.
6. Sprinkle with cheese in generous amounts (LOVE me some cheese)
7. Stick in the oven until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
My boys devour this...and we still have leftovers! I recommend heating leftovers in a toaster oven!