Happy Friday, friends! Did you have a good week? Or one of those where you couldn't be more grateful that it's Friday? Here are some writerly finds to help you end strong:
- On Tuesday, Julia posted a gem about letting God use your trials in your writing. The truth and wisdom are strong in this one!
- If you haven't entered the giveaway for Cara Putman's Beyond Justice audiobook, enter now! She shared a great post about Making the Most of Book Fairs on Thursday.
- Angie offered a glimpse of her November release on Facebook! Be sure you *like* her author page for the latest book news!
- Laurie's Kindle Fire giveaway is still on for a few more days. A new reading tablet could be all yours!
- Did you know you can get all three of Krista's Sandwich novellas for only $3.99? That's a steal for three stories filled with faith, romance, and comedy in our favorite quirky town.
- Last but not least, we will leave you with that time our Alley Pal Jessica R. Patch took us to church with truth every writer needs to hear:
Things that never get old or are taken for granted. Dreams take dedication, perseverance, prayer, and time. At first I wanted everything rushed. I thought since God had given me this amazing dream it would all fall into place seamlessly and fast. But it didn't. Things were rough at times. Frustrating. Occasionally, confusing. I hear so often, "If it's meant to be things will fall into place smoothly." Did that mean since I was being rejected and things weren't smooth that it wasn't God's will? No. if everything God plans for you happens easy and fast how do you learn to grow your faith and build your trust in Him? How do you experience endurance and perseverance? I thought I was losing time! Time was slipping away with my dream. But in God's kingdom, time doesn't slip away, it only comes to pass. In 2016, my first Love Inspired Suspense was published. The journey was worth it. This July Deep Waters releases and it will be my 5th book published with them and I'm contracted for 2 more. Cherish the hard times. Because it will be hard. It won't always fall seamlessly into place quickly. But when it does come to pass it will feel fast. It will feel perfectly placed. Because it will be time. "...As you learn more and more how God works, you will learn how to do your work. We pray that you’ll have the strength to stick it out over the long haul—not the grim strength of gritting your teeth but the glory-strength God gives. It is strength that endures the unendurable and spills over into joy, thanking the Father who makes us strong enough to take part in everything bright and beautiful that he has for us." Colossians 1:9-12 MSG #dreams #trust #author #book #bookworm #reading #harlequin #godhasaplan #faith #journey #keepgoing #believe #endure #promise